May 24, 2009

The spinner and his batsman friend - I

Two of you, just two of you
From one end of the world to the other
Many long years, so many long years
With you close like your sport's kit
I said with you close like your sport's kit
There ain’t no start there ain’t no end
You’ll be there till you go round the bend
From god knows when to god knows when
You start it off you see it through
The spinner and his batsman friend
They said little yet they said a lot
Actions speak louder than words
I said actions speak louder
Than words
The spinner and his batsman friend

7 comments:

namya said...

one hopes the 2 will be enjoying a quiet chuckle in another 15 hours

raj said...

For a moment I thought you were talking about Mr Teri Maaki and the greatest batsman of his generation. What a "najayaz" friendship that has turned out to be to India's detriment and of late, MI's detriment!

As for Rahul and Kumble, they are not the types to enjoy limelight so I'd say they are destined to be bridesmaid today. its going to be Gilchrist's day. Deccan Chargers will win today

Gaurav Sethi said...

namya, anything but that. I can see jumbo ripping into jammy, and letting him have it

Gaurav Sethi said...

Raj, you've called it enough times to be called a fixer.

Btw this is the 1st in the series, next is teri n greatest.

raj said...

NC, :-) on fixer comment
But the reason behind that is different - usually, when I call a result, it goes the opposite ways. This was my desparate attempt to call a DC win all across the WWW, so that Kumble and Dravid can lift the tropghy - but I guess the universe caught my intentions and punished me anyway :-(

raj said...

NC, :-) on fixer comment
But the reason behind that is different - usually, when I call a result, it goes the opposite ways. This was my desparate attempt to call a DC win all across the WWW, so that Kumble and Dravid can lift the tropghy - but I guess the universe caught my intentions and punished me anyway :-(

Gaurav Sethi said...

Raj, admit I've used the same devious ploy - there's some warped satisfaction to it, even if your team loses, you win, but then who am I telling man