This was a poor game for India. Not because they lost, but because they refused to win. From MSD’s wait until dark captaincy, to the exclusion of Ojha, and not least, expecting new kid, Ravindra Jadeja to win the game. While the Gods of Indian cricket, MSD and Yuvraj waited to score the winning runs. If twenty overs is too much time to play, how will the super stars pass their time in a one-dayer or for that matter, those stinking test matches?
India lost the game many times over, here’s how
1. Drop your main striker Ojha against a team that needs a spin doctor
2. Retain Ishant Sharma, who brings with him KKR’s losing ways
3. Exclude one of your few thinking bowlers, Praveen Kumar
4. Underbowl your best bowler RP Singh (3-0-13-1)
5. Underbowl your bowling captain Zaheer Khan (3-0-26-1)
6. Underbowl Yusuf Pathan (0-0-0-0) Move away from the only attacking move you’ve learnt in a long time, MSD, and not bring on spin in the power play overs. Did Warne advise you against it? Did KP tell Warne to
7. Overbowl Ishant Sharma (4-0-36-0)
8. Overbowl Yuvraj Singh (2-0-20-0)
9. Send Jadeja in at 4 – MSD, it was your call, don’t pass the buck with "too many wickets fell.." Finally, India lost 5 to England's 7
10. Scrambled eggs for thinking tank
11. England bowled short
12. India waited too long
(The Neil Young song, Helpless ringing in my ear, but it sounds like Headless)
Enjoy the Bye Bye T20WC series at Bored Cricket Crazy Indians!