In spite of being Englanded, India hasn’t done half as bad as you think. For matters as trivial as these here’s a quick check-list
1) India will play only two less games than the Champions, and one less than the semi-finalists
2) By losing in the Super-8s, you, an irrational fan do not suffer the heartache of losing in the semis or the finals
3) Finally Kirsten and his wards earn that much needed rest after the IPL
4) As MS Dhoni said, it’s not as bad as the 2007 World Cup defeat or something to that effect
5) Gives India enough time to plot its revenge on the West Indies, that too, in the Windies
6) This revenge will be sweeter, they are one-dayers – so for every win we will inflict more than twice the pain – 50 overs X 2 as opposed to the pain of a 20 overs X 2 defeat
7) Sachin Tendulkar will be back for mid-wicket discussions, and at times, even mid-pitch discussions. If India needs a player to deliver, Sachin can play mid-wife
8) Didn’t you hear me, Sachin Tendulkar will be back, what else do you want, moron?
9) And yes, India play for pride against South Africa
10) India in such do-or-don’t-do games remind you of how good they really are, and you will forget just how bad they are in do-or-die games.
11) They did win 2007, and you are more than 2 years’ old, you have a memory of that match, right – we did beat Pakistan then, right?
12) We beat Pakistan in the mother and father of all warm-up matches. Frankly nothing matches up after that
13) India extracted revenge, first for itself, then for Pakitsan, by beating both Bangladesh and Ireland in one single swoop. Appears they beat Holland, Surinam and other minnows too, but they had to disappear
Now you can say Bye Bye to India here!