January 11, 2010

Nothing cricket.




A Parantha lunch at the neighbourhood sweet shop, India Bangla ODI on TV. Two little girls either side watching as if their Dad’s playing – but they look at the ads with that same fixated pointless look. They’re TV addicts, like we’re cricket addicts.

I try to make sense of this game; Bangla is a light snack. Then I take some photographs – of the telecast and the mini thali. What else does this series make me do?

Watch cricket with the back of my head.

What will a Bangla win do for the series? Guess not much.

3 comments:

Mahek said...

Damn! Is that the Evergreen in Green Park Market? They used to have awesome chhole bhature back in the day!

Gaurav Sethi said...

That very one. How about a Chhole Bhature Bored meeting

Mahek said...

Sure, next time when I'm in town. Hopefully it will be in the next couple of months.