January 14, 2009

Voice in my head



I haven’t had enough wine
I haven’t played enough cricket
I’m just one step closer to the edge
And I’ll keel over, but I think I’ll hang on
For this little accident that will define me

And they’ll say, he was done and he was dusted
And they’ll say, he was gone and he was busted
And they’ll say, he was Vaughan and he was rusted
And they’ll say, he was Tom and he was sussed out

But I hung on, I just couldn’t let go
So I hung on, I wouldn’t let go
I was resigned to my fate
I was designed for my fate
I wasn’t God, I was Tait
I wasn’t a passenger, I wasn’t freight
I wasn’t early, I wasn’t late
I was somewhere in between
Not letting go, coz this was my destiny
And this was my date
I was fucked up, and without a mate
And it was such a ride, it didn’t matter
Whether I was the hunter or the bait
I just had to be there to the bitter end
And it was so sweet
Extracting every last second of playing time
And it was sweet
Extracting every last second of playing dime
Till the bitter end
And it wasn’t that bitter at all
And it wasn’t that sweet at all
It was something I had to do
For the voice in my head





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Fabulous... anything with Tait gets my rebate.

BTW, do you completely write it out or do you take a song and its lyrics and modify that.

Digging into your trade secrets :)

Gaurav Sethi said...

Cheers Scorpi. Original lyrics here, no twisting of songs, lyrics.